View Single Post
Old 13-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Bronze Member

Had a mixed day today, it rained most of the day - only dry part was practice then the rain started for the 3 timed runs.

Had to adapt to lots of changes to the car and it was also in at the deep end regarding trying to spot the braking and turning points, no cones marking the track edge like I'm used to, just one solitary marker indicating the apex.

Anyway excuses over, this is what really happenned

Practice, OMG how bumpy is this track, the new suspension is way too hard so softened it off a bit

1st timed run and the rain had thrown out all the braking points and I'm still learning the track - lots of over shoots and I set a very average 89s, class leader is a high 84!

2nd timed run didn't last until the 2nd corner, lol cam in too hot dabbed brakes during cornering to tuck her in but just managed leery oversteer to tank slapper to missed gate and no run. In hindsight I should have turned round, gone through the gate and learnt the track more for the remainder of the run, but I was so disappointed I just trudged back to the paddock, lol

Now fastest in class is a 83 and I have one run left, so I did what i should have done on round one and set a decent banker, the lap felt good and I took it easy through where I had the tank slapper - set a low 84 which put me 2nd in class and 7th overall out of 65 competitors IIRC.

So not bad, could have done better.

I must say I was warned that North Weald wasn't the best venue and I tend to agree, the bumps and yumps on the course are more rallycross at times, but what was dissapointing was the track layout, basically a 1/4 mile with a chicane in the middle, then one fast corner - the rest of the track was 4 1/8th mile straights with a hairpin at each end.

Big power track and there was some big power there today!!

Great thing is that everyone is friendly, even the rivals, was a good day out, not a bad shakedown

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport

Last edited by Justin; 13-03-2011 at 09:01 PM.