Thread: Oil cooler
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I'm most likely going for the wing unless it's a bitch to fit in which case I'll put it in front of the rad.

It's the orientation that confuses me - the main guys I've spoken to at Think Auto and Scooby Projects say upright e.g. hoses from the top so it doesn't drain back into the sump at rest - therefore making it look like you have more oil in the car than you do and causing issues once the cooler and pipework have refilled reducing the volume of oil in the sump - can be up to a litre depending on cooler size and hose lengths.

If I wing mount with top connections it's going to be a bitch to drain it during oil changes.

However lots of the install pictures show the coolers with the hose connections on the base or on the side top/bottom!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter