Thread: Exhaust Advice
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies everyone, definitely worth looking into some of these suggestions.

I will be keeping clear of the Nur Spec R. I had a Nur Spec NA on a Civic Type R a few years back which looked great and sounded good, but by all accounts was nothing compared to the sound made with a Nur Spec R on a Subaru. If what I have heard is true then passing noise tests is going to be an issue.

I have had a quick look on the Milltek site but it doesnt seem to be working properly at present so I cant use their dealer locator or find out how much they might cost. When you say expensive, do any of you know a ballpark figure at all?

Exhausts.co.uk also looks like a great shout so I may well try and give them a bell this afternoon.

I got noise tested at a sprint yesterday and made 77db which on the plus side is well below any noise restrictions I am aware of. On the down side, the MSA steward commented that it was the quietest Subaru he had ever heard and I couldn't help but feel a little deflated!