View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

Had a good day today

Never been to Lydden before and its the first time I've had to put in a timed lap of a proper circuit - I've done loads of trackdays at various circuits but never competed at one. No vast amounts of runoff at all and plenty to hit today so for the practise run I took it fairly easy for the first lap to get my bearings, decided to push it a bit for the 2nd lap and ended up on the grass missing the tyre wall by a few feet before finally gathering it all up, phew!

1st timed run and I put in a decent banker, car felt good and I knew there was a bit more to come. Did an 83.1 but had nobody in my class to compare to so looking at classes A,B and C I was 2nd, behind a Caterham R400.

2nd timed run felt really good nailed most of the course and knocked a second off my time, down to a 82.1 but couldn't beat the R400.

Won my class (wasn't hard really!) and 8th overall, the other 6 ahead of me were class D - racing cars, to put it into perspective FTD was a 71.8 !!

Thanks to Dukeboy and CJ who helped on the day, I needed it too because I am useless in the early mornings!

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport