Thread: Exhaust Advice
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossmarts View Post
Changed the exhaust on Saturday and it is a massive improvement. Has the flat four sound now without being too anti-social. Seems like a great bit of kit so thanks for the recommendations and thanks again to Alyn for sorting it out.

Did run into one small bit of bother during fitting however. The bolt holes on the cat were much smaller than those on the new system so we had to drill them out in order to make it fit. Not a huge job but the flange was seriously hard steel so took quite a bit of drilling in order to get through. Thought it was at least worth mentioning in case anyone else is thinking about going for the same system.

So, did you remove the second cat doing this?, if so, does it need a remap??. Only asking as seriously thinking of doing the same at some point and the Miltek sounds the way forward. I am thinking by removing the second cat it may also release more of the burble, as I seem to get more engine noise from the front.