View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Default Suspension/ eibach springs rattle

Hi guys and gals
Can anybody help shed some light on my little concerning matter?
I have just fitted some Eibach springs to my 05 wagon using the original shocks.
Its not new to me as i have lowered cars before and all seemed pretty familiar, taking my time and remembering what went where and what.
After all four corners complete and all bolts checked to torques required the wagon was taken for a spin.(mind you that 17mm top nut is a bastard to tighten and check torque settings!!!)
All seems OK, feels harder obviously and much more responsive in the corners with no noises from general driving even in the corners yet i get a slapping tinny sound from the front when i hit pot holes and rise up over speed bumps at an average speed for a lowered car.
I keep thinking to myself is it the new spring rungs slapping as they close up together or in the bottom cups due to me cleaning out all the crap that surround the originals.
I have taken a second look and nothing seems out of place or bits missing! The only thing i notice is that the new spring rungs are very close together on the front as on the back yet they have a sort of neoprene tube on the bottom half as they are very tightly wound.
Should i just give them time to bed in??????