View Single Post
Old 30-05-2011, 10:51 PM

As promised

Youtube vid of Justin's car

My Son and I joined Justin (+ family) at Snetterton. I knew it was a mixed event with a Sprint going on and full circuit racing. Overall a good day and we visited the spectator banking for both the Sprint and circuit racing so saw quite a bit of action. So we saw lots of action all round. Not been to Snetterton for years and I think Jonathon Palmer's group has done a great job on modernising it. And the use of the 100 and 200 circuits made it a good day out.

We did miss some of Justin's more adventurous action But caught most runs from some vantage point. A lot of cars were TWO or FWO at some point. I found the format strange as it was literally a single run. I've seen drag racing and circuit, so was surprised that this is much more like drag racing with corners as you cannot bring the car up to speed/temperature or spend a few laps getting the so-and-so corner right.

Forgive the missing sound on the video, it was really windy and the buffeting on the mic was bad, so I got rid of the audio altogether, but you could really hear the sweet scooby burble and especially the dump valve, coming off throttle. Apart from some of the big V8's there wasn't much else sounding as good as Justin's scooby.