View Single Post
Old 31-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

I completed 3 laps.

Lap 1
With Neil (a Ring veteran) which was very welcomed. He wasn't confusing and said just about enough at the right time. Probably more informative than the several laps I was going to do in a hired ring car.

Lap 2.
I am a busy member of The P1woc and we have a great member (middle aged German woman) who does own a scooby but not a P1. She flies over many times a year to our events & is a true inspiration to all of us.
I promised her a run up the strip at The Pod if she came over, and that happened. I then said to her I would take her for a lap of The Ring, so with a total of 11 hours driving she made it, and lap 2 was with P1 Mum ( as we call her)
She never said a word around the 13 miles, but her body movements made it quite obvious she was 5hitting herself bless her.
I took a bunch of bikes in the early part of the lap and never saw them again, so she had a good one

Lap 3
With my Hev (my wife).
With some parts of the track remembered I could give it some in certain parts and this was my best lap. Also knowing my wife is as nutty as I am helps
The car may look appealing but its honestly nothing to how well the thing drives. Our main aim was to keep the car as much a P1 as possible, so it looks fairly normal other than the brakes and f/m, but the blue bit hides much more
The new Toyo's held up better than I thought they would but my previous Hankook Evo V12' s would have provided better grip.

When I left the hotel early on Monday with Adrian, James and Gramps I pulled out the hotel car park and the car felt like a wobbling jelly??? I mean a REALLY bad severe wobble right through the car.
I was going to pull up but then built up speed to hear flicking noises in my wheel arches. Because I had driven back from the ring on hot tyres than had become cold overnight and the marbles and used rubber had "set" on the tyres. All was good after that.

I must say I have been in many convoys but you guys hold the crown for being the best to convoy with.
Well organised, a good understanding and a great crack.

Top guys and thanks for a great time !.