View Single Post
Old 26-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Started sorting the sounds out today, transplanted the front speakers from the bugeye, will be adding the amp and a stealth 8' sub later on.

Stage 1 was to remove the front door cards, the speaker grilles clip off but otherwise it's very similar to an impreza.

Then I stripped the inner liner and removed the speaker plus the mount.
Stage 2 was to make up a spacer to take the 6.5' midrange, by tracing around the original mount (or speaker in a impreza) and cutting a spacer out of 16mm MDF, this was then trial fitted and clearances checked.

Stage 3 was to bond the spacer to the door skin using P40 filler, I'd stood the spacer off the door skin slightly to allow good clearance behind.

Stage 4 (after a bit of sanding) was to fit the sound deadening material to the inner skin, this involved making sure the wires were all run correctly.

Stage 5 as the speakers are pretty high end (CDT components with front mounted magnets) the crossovers are a bit bulky I fitted them to the inside of the door card and by using an off cut of the sound deadening I was able to mount the main tweeter to the back of the card as well. I will fit the imaging tweeters to the A pillars later on to lift the soundstage further if needed.

Stage 6 was to refit the door card.

Sound is so much better now!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter

Last edited by SpecB; 30-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.