View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

For those not on the FB group:
Quote:
Martyn Chapman-Smith
Hi Folks

After too much trial and tribulation, it has finally been decided to start the forum from scratch again. We should probably have done this the moment we realised there was a problem, but people have been trying to get things back ever since the crash took place.

We are hearing from too many members via places like Facebook that they are not posting because of the unresolved nature of things on SES and the fact that it could all be lost if we moved everything into a new forum.
...See more
Like · · Follow post · Monday at 11:09 near Uckfield, England

Andy Medlicott and 6 others like this.

---------
Phil MadPaddy O Gorman pheoinix will rise again.good luck chaps
Monday at 11:25 · Like

--------

Martyn Chapman-Smith Thanks Phil ,appreciated mate
Monday at 12:11 via Mobile · Like

Peter Stockley Hope it goes well mate, can only be a good thing
Monday at 12:29 via Mobile · Like

------------

Kerstin Nestler All the very best for it, guys. Looking forward to the new site. xx
Monday at 12:48 · Like

-------------

Guy Blakeburn Anyone else notice that this happened around the time James Nash bought an Evo!? Just sayin! lol
Monday at 13:02 via Mobile · Like

Stuart Hollin Looking forward to the new site already
Monday at 13:24 via Mobile · Like

-------------

Andy Medlicott Hope it all goes well guys, onwards and upwards looking forward to the new site, Guy it's the beginning of the end mate, angers bought an Evo, nige has bought a hatch, all that's needed now is the 4 horsemen lol
Monday at 13:35 via Mobile · Like · 3

--------------

Martyn Chapman-Smith Lol, it's all Angers fault
Monday at 17:08 via Mobile · Like

--------------

Ian Pain I dont understand what the problem is. SES. is up and running the same as ever since its little blip. What is going to be gained by changing things? There are several posts that have been put on FB that could have been posted on the SES forum. What are the unresolved problems I have not noticed any from my end. Surely if it aint broke dont fix it. All the posts on here can only have a negative impact to SES. Several members on SES have said to me that they dont and wont go on FB... What ever that has gone on behind the scenes is not doing SES any favours, or are we god forbid going to end up like Sussex. Surrey site seems to be very similar to the SES forum set up and they dont seem to have any problems??
Yesterday at 22:33 · Like

------------

Andy Medlicott Not sure what's gone on behind te scenes only the staff know that but I'm sure theve all been working hard behind the scenes to fix any problems and keep SES running and to stop something like what happend happening in the future.

As for the fb group it's alot easier havin a quick look when out and about rather than going to the full site, but imo it still dosent compare to the full site, also quite a few members want to post on here for the time being just incase any posts get lost when the change over happens, I do agree though some of the posts could of been put on the main site but it's handy for a quick update now and then on a project of some sort of modification someone's done.

Maby if there's alot of split opinion over the fb group, when the new sites up and running maby there should be a poll to keep it or not? I personally think its a good group to have as its another part to add to the scooby community and also could draw in some new members.

Just me 2 cents lol
16 hours ago via Mobile · Like

--------------
Martyn Chapman-Smith Ian, I hear what your saying and understand your concerns , the one issue with keeping SES forum as it is , is that we will not be able to update at all in the future . Although currently its pretty irelivent
There has been a thread posted on P1 Woc about FB , interesting reading . I set up this group as a chat room , not something to replace the forum , it works fantastically as that .Personally I think anything other than chat and banter should go on the forum IMHO .
I set the site up in the start , both me and Steve Ran it together and Steve very kindly financed it , Ron then joined us and put loads of time into it . Things have changed , Steve has decided to walk away and I have stepped away to mull over what to do.
14 hours ago via Mobile · Like

Tracey Drakeley Reynolds Little Question...im sorry for sounding Blonde,but will we have to re-register? x
2 hours ago · Like
-----------

Martyn Chapman-Smith Hi trace, everything is a little up in the air still , due to admin issues .
As and when the forum changes over , yes I'm afraid you would need to re register .
I know things look messy at the moment , but it will I hope all come good
2 hours ago via Mobile · Like

-----------
Tracey Drakeley Reynolds Yeah i thought we would,but to get it sorted its gonna take time,an planning,im sure you'll get there in the end,and it'll be worth the wait,good luck with everything...
2 hours ago · Like

Last edited by riiidaa; 08-08-2012 at 11:21 PM.