Thread: Simtek ecu
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

Tom personally I would go with Syvecs,just due better support from manufacturer(AlcaTek is one man band and get hold of him is big problem sometimes),support forum,datalogging free,NOS control free,no extra controllers for wideband and EGT.You can map yourself for free,without the buying expensive cable(via simple RJ45 broadband cable),full CANbus support(SimTek/AlcaTek don't have CANbus)

Syvecs take care almost on everything on your car,you will be limited just inputs(if you want more S8 will be mine choice,we are thinking personally about the S8,just we are maxxed our inputs),which should be no problem TimH@JTi working on extender with more inputs/outputs

I would upgrade SimTek and sold him as upgraded and bought Syvecs,just due reason above

If you will be looking track car and take car on the drag strip,datalogging will be very useful for you and you can monitor everything what you are want(all depends on sensors which you have fitted etc)

Speak to Charlie@SRR about the Syvecs or Simon@JGM,Neil@Slowboy racing or any other mapper and ask them why every mapper who is dealer of SimTek have rather fitted on their cars Syvecs than SimTek

Jura