View Single Post
Old 18-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
Granby, nice choice..... looks amazing and lovely and clean after Ryans hard work....

Ryan, looks great... black is sooooooo rewarding........

only advise I would offer is going from the list above, watch your layering

The power lock needs time before even a second coat of the same and the R222 would be better left for 24hrs before anything put on the top

The Gyeon wetcoat is a great product but remove that from your list and use a glaze coat prior to the power lock for a wetter deeper more protected finish

use the wax as a sacrificial layer, the power lock is the protection

again not trying to pick holes, just offering some advice if you choose to take up on it....... Get out of the habbit of spraying water on top of a just finished sealed or waxed surface doesn't do the products any good and can in most cases reduce the quality of finishes it can also have a negative protection effect on the products...

Best time for a beeding shot is straight after you have cut the paint back, when its at its most natural take a pic at IPA stage on a black surface and you'll get as good effect without any negative effects...

again, not looking to come across as critical they really do look fantastic jobs you've done recently.......
Hi Ron,

Certainly will take all the above advise mate - your a master, I am purely someone who likes cleaning, and can get modest results with a DA.

I certainly am not confident / good enough to remove all scratches and swirls, and although un-edited, am sure the camera makes it look better than it is.

At the end of the day, all advise from someone as knowledgeable as yourself is priceless, and great for anyone who is interested in keeping there cars looking as best they can

What Glaze do you recommend - I have black hole Glaze, but TBH I am not to impressed with it - but I haven't really given it a proper showing on my car.

Many thanks for all the comments

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk