View Single Post
Old 19-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Anychance of known how much we need to pay for the room in full please either comfort or twin room please need to know ASAP .
The comfort rooms total cost = 372 euro = £286.16*
The standard rooms total cost = 332 euro = 255.39*

*The above amounts (pounds) may change depending on exchange rates*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
Apart from a 'nominal' deposit which "E" will probably post up? You pay for the hotel on the morning we leave.......

You'll pay for your room at prices on the website and then for any meals and drinks you have during your stay..... you get a piece of paper that they mark your meals and drinks on....

The only thing to remember / be aware of is that Jackie will only take cash payments....... so make sure you keep some euro's to cover the bill.

The menu prices are also on the website so you can pretty much work out the cost if you pick your meal choices prior to leaving and stick to ordering them during the stay.......

Only other expense for previous years would be when (if) we eat out at the Pistenklause (hot stone place) in the years past, its been easier to just split the cost of the evening amongst the whole group....IIRC allow roughly 20-40euro for the night
thepieman

Quote:
Me and Stiggy my meals and beers cost more than the room
That is for sure the way you both put it away, I think you had you own barrel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Yep, we get a 'ticket' per person or per room (whatever suits) which then allows you to get anything from the bar without worrying about the money at the time. They just add a mark to the item you've had - and then settle up on the last morning. There's a cashpoint about 5 minutes up the road in Buchel if needed to get extra euro's out.
It leads to much comedy about who's had the most large beers during the trip etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
I *think* the plan will be to eat at Jackie's twice at most - on the first night and maybe the last night in order to keep costs down. Pistenklause on Saturday night as usual, and either Pinocchio's or the pizza place at Breidscheid on the Sunday night? (both of which cheap)

Ian will confirm though

If we eat at Pinocchios again i reckon we should book a table for at least 2 or 3 seats more than we need, considering how tight we were for space last year. Need a big table to fit those massive pizzas on!

Quote:
the standard rooms are perfectly fine for the stay if you want to save some money, the comforts are very nice in comparison but the standards have everything you need and at the end of the day, its just to lay your head down

There is nothing wrong with the standard rooms I will be back in the same room that Ive had 3 time previously.

Last edited by BIG"E"; 19-01-2016 at 05:32 PM.