View Single Post
Old 14-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
blimey, google satellite photos give you a decent indication of its size - it looks a lot bigger than i expect (especially considering the size of cars and other light aircraft around it).

if a visit does happen, make sure its open to saloonies as well
This would be an SES outing rather than a Squadron one. Worzel and I had discussed the possibility of just such an event after we proved that it could work at Southend. I think Southend airport seem more strict on vehicle movements and exhaust noise. All the Wagons are quiet you see. The XM655 lot seem more relaxed as the Vulcan is parked further away from operational goings-on.

The plane is mahoosive Steve and f***ing noisy at full chat!

When they do an engine run at Southend, they have to turn the aircraft round as the railway runs behind the plane and it would blow the train off the track if they gave it some wellie. Yesterday, you can see how much room they had to leave behind the plane. Cars were not even allowed to park in the parking area behind the barriers unless they were forward of the engines.

Better pass this idea over to Big E now...............