View Single Post
Old 18-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepieman View Post
Well done for sorting Jackies Ian

As I was asked to make some enquiries re-rooms for the trip.....specifically in Adenau Pinocchios / Bianka pics here

Pinocchios / guesthouse Bianka in Adenau is also available for us if we want it? I enquired about 11 rooms / 23 people for initial contact.
Room rates:
Prices per room / per night
Twin Room 90 euro
triple room 125 euro
family room 165 euro
4 bed apartment 215 euro
6 bed apartment 300 euro

(this was via Nring rooms and not booking.com) contacted two others via phone and awaiting there room details via email (if they can accomodate)

only mention it because people seemed to like staying in adenau last year (not done so myself)

Happy to stay at Jackies as previous years, either way its great that the SES ring trip 2016 is going ahead
IMHO staying at Eddy's is different to staying in Adenau as the town is quite a stroll from the bridge.
The advantage at Eddy's is that you can have a cuppa or a beer on the balcony or stroll over the road and sit on the bank. You cannot do this from Adenau town.

You can also judge when best to go on track with the car being 20 seconds away to jump in for an impromptu lap.

One big advantage at Eddy's is that eating out is cheaper with plenty of choice and price variety, rather then limited (4 options IIRC) hotel menu and prices at Jackies.
This makes a difference as does beer price (less than 1 Euro a bottle from Lidl Vs 4.50+ Euro at Jackies).

If the attendees don't step forward you could remain at Eddy's.
Be brutal and set a cut-off date for Friday.
Then decide based on numbers.
If additions come along there are bound to be other hotels close by that can accommodate individuals.