View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Gold Member

Default GT World Challenge R2 2022 – Brands Hatch

Saw this get mentioned on the SES Facebook page, so I am assuming there was at least one other person from the forum there?

The GT World Challenge (formerly Blancpain) has been my favourite event at Brands the last few years and this year some Italian guy called Rossi is racing in the series.

Apparently he won something on a bike once or twice (or nine times) and a lot of people turned out to see him. Because of the big crowds we picked a different spot for each of the two races and stayed put, so not much variety in these pictures.

Timur Boguslavskiy and Raffaele Marciello absolutely dominated race two, didn’t see them put a wheel wrong for the whole hour. Very deserving win for them.

I am rather partial to the GT3 Huracan, but I wasn’t convinced on this livery!

Not quite as many marques at the Brands round this year (no Bentley or Aston Martin), but still cars from six different manufacturers entered.

The Rofgo Gulf liveried Audi was my favourite looking car at the 2021 round so I was hoping to get some pictures of the latest specification R8 GT3 car in those colours. Unfortunately the car was involved in a collision at turn one on lap one, so I only got to see it do one warm up lap…

…but they did at least manage to get a car together to get the drivers out again for race two.

Racing wasn’t quite as dramatic as last year, but still really entertaining. Said it before, but I think the GT3 class is an absolute winner. Tempted to give British GT a look later in the year so I can get another GT3 fix!

Handful more pictures here:

Flickr - GT World Challenge 2022 Brands Hatch

If anyone is interested!