View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Gold Member

Default Re-trimming door cards-newage

Already replaced interior to black spec c seats and been unable to source a set of matching door cards so thought would re-trim myself with a little help from the old man as all the trimmers i enquired wanted approx £200 to do this,so thought would have a go if ballsed it up would just take it to them.

so thought i would take a few pics(not the best quality of finished article) and do a quick guide in case it helps someone else out

tools required

Screwdriver
knife
dremel
tin of Evo stick time-bond
and finally some suede material

Remove door card

Undo 3 screws on the back of door card

Then you need to either cut off the very top part of the plastic rivets or use a dremel to take the heads of which is much easier and saves cutting fingers to bits then when all removed it should pop off and the door card will split in two parts

Then clean up all the black bits of plastic left on the back of the doorcard

Remove the existing blue suede part

Then its just a case of cutting the new piece of material gluing both sides leaving to dry for a while then take your time and slide the top part into place first and then smooth the rest out,leave to dry and then make the holes through the new material.

Then a case of putting the door card back together attach the three original screws and then i used small screws where all the plastic rivets was but if you had a glue gun or something im sure you could re-do them

Attach door card back on to door and then another 3 to do lol

All done for the price of about £25 and pretty pleased with the end result

Last edited by bigemp; 10-09-2016 at 06:44 PM.