View Single Post
Old 18-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Or Brembo rears as discussed!!!
Might be the way to go mate

Rear brembos for ~£250, set of new brembo discs with the liners fitted so my handbrake shoes are OK are £199 and then a good pad choice. Probably the easiest fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakesnow View Post
Probably not worth spending 1k on new set, you could easily get a second hand of rear calipers in good condition for around 100-120 and that often includes discs and pads. Maybe work something out where you get some rear calipers and then new discs and pads? Probably cheaper than paying for a refurb from what I have seen.
Not seen any decent condition 2 pots for that money mate, if you know of some then send me the link

Thing is, by the time i've got a refurb kit (it'll need new pistons for sure as well) and factored in a bit of labour, new discs, new pads etc and i'm up at £400 odd quid i expect. And it doesn't improve the rear and solve the balance problems I've got with 356mm 8 pots on the front and standard 2 pots on the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakesnow View Post
And by worth I mean its not like your tracking your car all the time so to speak.
Tbh, the car only does about 3000 miles a year (1000 of which is Germany) and the rest is going to club meets or trackdays. As much as it pains me to say, its so much easier (and comfortable!) just to get in the Mondeo diesel for every other journey so the scoob hardly moves these days.....

I do like to use the scoob brakes fairly heavily, but found at Goodwood that i was locking the rear wheels on really heavy braking as the back end was going so light due to the balance problem. I'm sure having stiffer springs (or coilovers) on the car would help reduce the nose-dive a bit but its not on my radar at the moment....

I know i don't need to buy new ksports at the back, but it would look cool matching the front