View Single Post
Old 27-07-2017, 01:25 PM
Gold Member

Default 6R4.net Track Day 2017 – Curborough

For the third year in a row I was lucky enough to get an invitation to the annual 6R4.net track day at Curborough Sprint Circuit. It was a bit of a trek, but there were a number of cool cars to see. Here come some pictures…

Although the bulk of cars in attendance were 6R4’s, there were a few non-MG’s to add a bit of variety.

Brian Betteridge turned up with a pair of very shiny Fords…

…I have ogled at a number of RS200’s over the years, but this was unquestionably the cleanest.

After accosting the owner during the lunch break, I managed to get a few laps in the passenger seat of this RS200. I had been out in this car a couple of years ago, but the car was cold and the driver had been unable to thrash it. This time is was warm though and he went for it: damn shame there wasn’t a camera in the car, as I imagine the grin on my face was ridiculous!

The Rothmans livery looks good, but you can’t beat the Computervision colours on a 6R4!

This was the first time I have seen an RS1700T in person. Fantastic to see a bit of rally history so well preserved.

Ditto for this Vauxhall. Like the RS1700T, the Astra 4S is another car I have read about, but never seen in the metal before.

There had been talk of a “special guest” before the event, but it was lunchtime before it was revealed to be current Citroen WRC driver Craig Breen, who dropped into Curborough for his first crack in a Metro 6R4…

…it didn’t take him many laps to start getting sideways!

Curborough isn’t that exciting a track, but once again it was well worth the journey to see so many rally classics in such a relaxed environment.