View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Personally I'd not use a Mobile oil, I've recently moved from Fuchs Titan Race 10-50w to Millers CFS 10-50 and find the millers is giving slightly higher oil pressures than the Fuchs did at the same temps. It's also noticeably quieter on start up and the forged tapping seems to disappear faster. I will be switching further to the Millers Nano tech before the ring trip, unless Alyn persuades me to go the whole hog to the Motul.

As for grade the book oil is 5-30 if I recall correctly how tuned is your car and how hard do you drive it? If its std and driven normally you don't really need to go for that 'high' a grade oil as the oil temps won't get that high in your car and you may be better off with a 10-40w or 10-50w.

Best advice I can give is give Alyn a ring.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter