Thread: Project: 555
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2015, 07:01 AM

Thanks everyone, not much done yet, but didn't have much time yesterday. Bucket seat in and tested, though will need to come out again as work commences, and different set of wheels on, as I juggle parts around.

At moment I am planning the running gear swap, hopefully should have that in over the bank holiday, weather permitting.

There are a few things on the car I am looking at changing slightly. Rear arches haven't been cut out enough, so in with the cutter and welder. To also keep things simple for now, I'm going to loose the "ground effects" on the back and just put a normal bumper on.

Some new rear lights to be sources (Jdm sti) , also looking at getting rollcage changed slightly so that we have front suspension turret pick up points, this will give front end more strength.
Then to figure out how to fix the newage dash in with electrics etc. I have a Newage spec c rack to go in, so probably put newage column in.

Trying to decide loom wise what to do. Cheapist would be to use wagon loom. But am thinking of making custom loom and ditching ecu for a syvecs, this allows things to be a lot simpler moving forwards.

While slightly daunted at size of project, I am really looking forward to get the mechanical parts over and moving on to the interior parts.