View Single Post
Old 23-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Sorry but it just annoys me, a little, when people have an original question/brief when responses drill more cost into their solution with lots of requirement creep and additional cost for very little gain.
I don't think I'd agree with that, all the suggestions have been largely in line with the OP, the only additional mentions are a 3 port solenoid, yes I know you can mess about with the pills but that's really not the best way to go about it as far as I'm aware. The only real additional suggestion has been the addition of an ECU that can run AVCS based on the fact that it appears possible to rejoin the WRX loom to take an STI ECU and therefore retain the AVCS. My suggestion was in fact to have this as a future upgrade path.

The use that Steves engine has means a simple HG replacement is likely to only be a short(ish) term solution and a replacement or rebuilt bottom end makes better long term sense to me. Replacing the short block again is a potentially expensive route as you need to factor in skimming, and gaskets (head and rocker) and again while the heads are off you may as well check/relap valves etc.

Or maybe we should all stop offering advice and opinions?

I've really done my research on engine issues on the WRX's having been through similar twice before!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter