View Single Post
Old 19-09-2017, 08:57 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Can't see how MAF can impact boost unless it's throwing a permanent failure and going into limp.
OK, but that's a bit strange then. It's not going into limp and the car drives fine with the current MAF both off boost and over 4.5k rpm. In the 3-4k rpm on WOT the boost spools, then stalls, then spools, then stalls. Trying to build speed quickly on the motorway in 4th/5th is pretty difficult.

All we found on Sunday was that Rob's MAF made a noticeable difference, hence the assumption that it's time for a new MAF. Could the ECU detect the different MAF and make an adjustmust whilst it re-learns??

Quote:
Did you also look into your hot start cam position sensor issue.
Yep, swapped for a replacement camshaft position sensor. Hot starting seems much better now. Don't think it was related though, as we realised the code that was thrown at the brekkie meet (or as we thought) was a historic code logged that occurs whenever the bugs hit 6.5k rpm and it throws the light. I've had that code a hundred times, and with both camshaft sensors.

Quote:
Did you back off the actuator and re-log boost control ?
Yes. On a test drive afterwards it seemed a little better, but on another drive it seemed just as bad. The symptoms aren't always consistent, but not sure what is causing the variation. The boost logging I've got is only via an OBD port reader and bluebooth link to a phone app, so not sure of its accuracy.

Other observations - the plugs looked tired, plug gap was larger than new due to wear, I thought the best course of action would be to replace MAF so we know that is good and then get you to look at it and see what's going on You could look at it now, but if MAF is dodgy it might be wasted time?