View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Default SES - 10 years old today!

Yes, this little Subaru community has made it to 10 years old today. Started on September 1st, 2008 by our former admin team (ThePieMan, Crowman and Worzel) for those made homeless when the old Sussex Scoobies forum died, we grew quickly. We've had some bumps along the way, as must forums seem to have occasionally but we're still here all these years later.

Scott and I took over as Admins in 2012 and have tried to keep things going. It's coincidence that there's a current thread running about how quiet the forum is, but it is just representative of what social media has become. Back in 2008, Facebook was nothing much more than a few holiday snaps and a lot of pokes The vast amount of technical knowledge and event history on this forum - all being searchable by new members, will hopefully ensure we are around for years to come... try searching for a technical post on facebook from 5+ years ago!

Anyway, without this sounding like some daft speech, I wanted to just thank all the mods we've had during that time for helping out, organising events etc - with a special mention to Big E who has organised events for pretty much all of that time - including our Nurburgring trips, which always seems to form the highlight of our calendar.

So, as we have a lot of newer members who weren't around at the start, I thought I'd post up a few threads - today will be the first, with hopefully another tomorrow/Monday, with a few (ok, that's a fib) photos from some of the things we've done as a club during that time. A bit of a trip down memory lane, if you like. Today will be SES's 'early years' - from 2008-2011. Hopefully it will trigger a few 'cor blimey, I forgot about that' moments

And finally, a big thanks to all of our members. This club revolves around you guys and girls..

2008 - Yes, McRae Gathering was August 31st, 1 day before SES went live, but it was already in the making as Sussex Scoobies had gone offline...

2009 - Some of these I can't even remember!

No idea where this old banner went!?

2010 - a great year.... Ring trip, Brands Hatch photoshoot & track day, trip to Prodrive, Modified Live, SES tunnel run, a big turnout for Japbash, plus all our normal monthly meets....

2011 - All our usual events plus a big turnout for Dad's Day Out at Dunsfold, raising money for charity with the help of Hammonds Subaru and a SES open day at Roger Clark Motorsport.

And finally, one from the 555 Wagon Squadron!

2012 - 2014 should appear tomorrow, with 2015 onwards next week....