Thread: Scoobs in snow.
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2013, 01:45 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

I tend to use the scoob no matter what, and last year found it pretty much invisible in the snow in respect of forward motion. But as above, it's not just about going forward the stopping capacity on any AWD is no better than any other, and problem will always be with other road users, and road being blocked even if you could get through.

But the ability to be able to drive out of trouble does also help.

For example last year I was coming along bexhill road and turned to go up harleyshoot, Quickly presented with cars out of control sliding coming down the hill and a car stuck going up that was quickly slidding backwards down towards me. Probably not legal but split second reaction decision, but there was enough gap at time to be able to weave /stear and drive across both sides of road around the first car sliding back towards me, missing the other car slidding down the hill and then pull back into to ride side, and easily drove up the hill. All the other cars going down and up were all over the place..... Have to say was a bit of a big grin moment and If I had just stopped I would have almost certainly had a car slide into me either coming down or trying to going up.