View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Formerly STIWR1

So, EP3 update - I was going to do Brands in it but she failed noise test - about 100db on a 98db eve - She may even be a bit louder as the map holds the revs much lower than redline -4800 somin like this. I may need a bung for future track days to get it through.

Wheels are on - they fit ok, they have a spigot ring on which matches the hub size, more by luck than judgement. There is a slight rub on the passenger side over speed humps, possibly the inner arch. But the steering I think does feel a bit different. There is a slight hesitation on initial steer input - like you have to get over inertia and then the steer can commence - i dont know if the wheel swap has contributed to this. I'm going to swap them back and see what the difference in feel is. I have read that the steering on these is electric so maybe its that. + coming from an M3 which has sublime steering may not do the EP3 justice.

I have an old set of 888s to go one from ebay - two are really good, destined for the front and then the two with less tread they can go on the back.

Went for a blast tonight. Type R seem to spark emotion in other drivers, new 330d or 335d gave it the beans on a dual carriage way. I engaged vtec and we were off - the BM had the legs for sure with all that torque but the vtec was not totally off the mark. You really have to drive these cars to get the most out of them. I backed off way early as a) wheel nut paranoia after changing them and b) I'm not loving the steering feel at speed.

Next up change back to standard alloys - fit 888s, see what the steering feel is like - could just be the way it is, don't know.

Deffo want to do a track day in it. Need to change the oil. It has the eibach springs on it, which are good but it misses the damping of a full coil over. If I keep it longer term and do more track stuff I think that would be the one thing I would change.

Good car, and if you need one car to do most things it ticks a number of boxes.

Fluke colour match with the wheels....