View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Gold Member

Default Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup R2 2018 – Brands Hatch

Rather limited set of pictures from Brands Hatch due to the changes made to the GP circuit, but some shots from the Blancpain Sprint round last weekend:

Both Sprint race wins were fought for by Audi R8’s, but I rather like the R8 so I was pleased to see them doing so well.

There were also a few Audi R8’s in the GT4 class, though they didn’t seem as competitive in GT4.

First time I have seen the Lexus RC F GT3 in person, yet another decent addition to GT3.

Although I am a huge fan of the beefed up GT3 Audi R8, the Huracan is definitely the meanest looking car in the class.

The GT4 X-Bow looks bonkers (in a good way): really strange to see these cars with a roof on them!

It wasn’t the fastest car in GT4 (actually I didn’t see one of them pass another car all day), but the Camaro sounded awesome. They reminded me of the GT1 Corvettes at Le Mans (which is definitely a good thing).

Despite my disappointment with the circuit, the racing was great and both the Blancpain races were close.

I must confess I am seriously questioning about going back to Brands again though, as the openness of the GP loop was such a massive draw to me. Gutted, as it’s been one of favourite circuits for a lot of year.