View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J.F View Post
Got any details about the P1 mate?
It’s a 2001, Y plate, number 0873. Approx 113k on the clock. I’ve had it since new and it’s been regularly serviced at a Subaru main dealer since day 1.

There is some rust bubbling on both rear archs and the splitter is looking worse for wear with stone chips, kerb rubbing etc. I am looking to get both of these issues sorted once my contact can source the rear arch parts.

There is some turbo whine and an intermittent fault with the knock sensor, which I will probably get replaced at the next service in Jan/Feb. Only had one major issue with the car when an injector stuck on and a hole was burned through one piston. The repair work was carried out and I have all the paperwork relating to this.

The car is in good condition for the age of it, and most of the major original parts are still on it (including the clutch!). I have had to buy another car which more suits the semi-rural location where I now live and the P1 is sitting on my drive waiting to be moved into my garage once I make space for it. I just don’t have the time to bring the car back into the condition I would like it, and I haven’t got the spare cash to pay someone else to do it.

It would be a nice project for an enthusiast