View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:13 PM
"it's all in the name"

Operation of Vehicles while in Display Mode

I say Captain Old Chap

The solution to display mode driving is still a long way off!!

Let me bring you up to speed!

Problems currently centre around un-synchronised use of the “driver deployment device” (driver’s door to the less-scientific amongst you).

Where excited drivers use the “Driver Deployment Device” too early, and egress the vehicle while still in the display circuit, for example, we are finding that the vehicle becomes subject to a sometimes significant lack of directional command under these circumstances. Should the vehicle have been in forward mode at the time of egress, we have noticed a significant increase in front crumple zone damage in these circumstances. Conversely, when early egress takes place during rearward motion, a reverse calamity situation will often arise, resulting in additional wear to the rear crumple zone areas.

Our team of scientists have experimented with various commands, communicated sonically to the drivers while in display mode. The shouting of “Stay in the cabin” or “Don’t get out yet!” have led, in fact, to drivers exiting the vehicle in order to hear what we were shouting, while still in motion. We are trying to resolve this issue.

However, early trials using a metal bar to secure the driver deployment device in the closed position from the outside, have led to partial success in driver/cabin isolation. The Tactical Mayhem Team are, however, advising us that there may be some impracticalities to this “easy fix”.

We are in negotiation with them in order to understand these issues as I write this!

Johnny