View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Have to say I'm in complete disagreement with majorscooby; the more time I put into GT5, the more impressed I am with it. You need to put a least 5 hours play in to start to open the game up, but most of the GT games have required a serious time investment to get the best out of them and GT5 is no exception.

The karting in GT5 is brilliant fun, the rally is the strongest its ever been in a GT game (its still not quite as fluid as DiRT 2, but then its far more realistic than DiRT 2), plus the NASCAR is a great extra as well. I haven't got as far as the licensed D1GP and Super GT content, but I'm hopeful thats going to be as strong.

The initial installation is a bit of a pain - with the online update you are looking at about an hour before you can start playing - but it saves a lot of time when playing the game, so its worth sitting through. The damage is an odd one, as a lot of reviews have mentioned the same thing. I see a number of comments this morning on various sites indicating that the level of damage available to the player is proportional to your "A" Spec progress though, with full damage being unlocked at level 40.

This may be BS and I'm not at that high a level to verify if its true or not, but its a bit annoying to the casual player if it is true as it means you need to play a lot of game to utilise all the features listed on the box. As before though, its a GT game and it requires a serious time investment. If you want a quick driving fix, play Need for Speed!

I am in agreement that the online is broken, the add on to actually give online features was an 11th hour addition and it clearly wasn't properly tested. For me personally, GT is all about offline play so I'm not bothered about the online content, but I can understand that would be annoying for people who are interested in that side of things.

My only real complaint with the main game is the split of cars between "standard" and "premium". The premium cars look incredible: full interior, crisp exterior and the full range of modifications and cosmetic tweaks are available. The standard cars vary somewhat though. I personally would have rather seen 300 - 400 premium cars, all in full detail, rather then bulking the game out with lots of not quite so good cars.
LOL, okay okay ill try and put a few more hours into it and see what develops, but to do that ill have to box the xbox up and tuck black ops away!