View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Bronze Member

right so not done much on this in recent weeks but I have done a few bits to start thinking about getting the aged old girl back up and running again

I think I mentioned before I wasn't totally happy with the down pipe situation being as tight as it turned out to be so in an effort to aid the issue I dismantled the manifold, ordered a few new bits and turned the turbo through 180 degrees to get a far better exit on the exhaust....

Old manifold chopped ready for trimming and clean up plus a few extra bits. Again all in 321 stainless, there are a couple of 304 bits in there that were from the old MVR single wastegate outlet, these were removed due to the new twin MVS set up.......

New up pipes with the twin MVS units...

and the rest of the revised header on the dumby block in the shed .....

virtually finished up with the gates fitted:

And a test fit just for a pic with the turbo and 76mm to 89mm for the down pipe....

It was also time to give the engine bay a refresh with a lick of paint.... the car was painted white from silver before I bought it and the engine bay was never done so high time it happened.....

Engine out and bay being prepped....

A bit of white followed by a bit of black ...

Then its just a case of getting the whole thing back together..... new pullies are on route also... few other hings will have to change like the header tank location and PS reservoir which I will remake one the ait filter/ air box is in... new PS lines and cooler will need to go in as I will go back to using the stock PS pump and use the electric one for the GTR...

engine, intercooler and rad back in....

lights and bumper re fitted....

Now to make a big long to do list

Last edited by seventune; 05-01-2017 at 01:50 PM.