View Single Post
Old 28-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: I've just purchased....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5
If you like them put them on I say - It all a case of personal preference, besides half the guys/girls in here have a few years on you in age, and tastes change.

I remember having a talbot sunbeam TI with rally stickers plastered all over it and huge door numbers on it and thought I was the dogs danglies at the time and the car looked super cool. I'd just cringe if I saw a car like that now. Yet at the time I loved it. - Edited to say door numbers and gaphics looks cool on a classic though

Scoobs are so common now, its nice to make them a bit different if you can. I had some frosted type lights on one of my classics and really liked them, but only word of warning is the original units are sealed to the bodywork really well, and as soon as I removed them and cut all the mastic away. No matter how much new mastic and sealer I used I couldn't get the after market ones to seal.... and always had a soggy boot.
Only half??!!

Sorry dude, the lights will stay til i get bored of them and get some sti ones. Did you ever have the lights off the car? There was about 12 tons of silicon hiding behind each light cluster.

The spoiler is definately good, ta!