View Single Post
Old 30-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

New disks and pads in March 2012, ready to start using the car as a daily driver...

Unfortunately the car was in an accident in April 2012

There were several of the Surrey lot that that came to my aid in sorting the car out ready for repair work by a garage. Cheers again.

The car had been laid up. 95%ish fixed.

In May 2014 I took delivery of my new replica bumper, this one by ABW and kindly delivered by 'Anger'. Thanks again.

29-06-2014, 13:06
Things left to do

Fit front indicators and side markers.
Swap airbag connector from old airbag to new. (gulp) [think i'll source another airbag with correct connector]
Source and fit new side light, proving awkward to align slightly cracked one. [got new ones, still alignment issues]
Rear door door-popper system
Book in an MOT
Pass MOT and tax it
Drive it for a week shakedown
If no issues, order ABW 22B front bumper [bugger, got it already]
Fit, paint that, the bonnet and repaint or replace rear spoiler
Enjoy it again

19-12-2015, 19:19
Well this car has been languishing for ages, but as some of you know my newage WRX saloon is now out of action awaiting a gearbox solenoid on a slow boat from Japan. So my Dad and I dug it out and I had someone spend a day on it recently, it ain't pretty and is still filthy in need of a delicate clean. However it got an MOT and tax mid week, and I went to take it on a shakedown yesterday but predictably the battery had given up again, so now it has a new battery from Costco £56 and I spent £11.99 in Halfords for an Odour neutralising grenade http://www.halfords.com/motoring/eng...-cleaner-150ml

Got it deployed as soon as I got home. Now it doesn't smell mouldy anymore - it does smell of the STP product, a bit overpowering for the next week apparently, a sort of chemical citrus-ish smell. I did leave the windows open for a few hours after a 10 minute assault with the grenade. They call it Aircon cleaner but this car does not have air con, The steps are the same you just put it on cold, high fan speed and recirc...

Last edited by riiidaa; 30-01-2017 at 04:33 PM.