View Single Post
Old 28-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Default Nikkinokkinoo’s Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1

I've never done a write up on the reason I'm here - my Subaru Impreza WRX STI WR1. So here goes.

Why did I end up with a Subaru WR1? It's actually my second WR1. I'd been a real fan of Impreza's since about 1998 when I sat in one at what I think was the AutoSport show in Birmingham. For one reason or another I never brought one and ended up with a Focus RS. I'd seen a WR1 in my area and knew it lived just up the road, so when I saw it drive buy with a for sale sign in the back I brought it that weekend. It wasn't the best example it was a used family motor bit it went well. So I loved the car but not the condition of it , had a number of scrapes and 80K + on the clock. That's when I started to get into the forum malarkey and I kept one eye out for a clean one. It came up in March 2013 with 37k on the clock and had a few mod's including AP's on the front. My intent was to track it, and I did at Brands but I didn't 100% get on with it. So I brought other track motors which I have been on track with for the last 5 years. Pretty much just driven it to show's and meets with the exception of Lydden with Rob and Ryan. Details of the mods:

White Line Front Anti Roll Bar
White Line Rear Anti Roll Bar
Whiteline Anit Lift Kit
Exedy Clutch
Cosworth Baffel Plate
AP Racing 6pot 355 mm
Rebuilt & Strengthened G/Box (API Carbon Syncro)
Guages - Stack Oil Temp Boost Charge
Brake support
Braided lines
Alpine Head Unit (pants_
Milltek Cat Back
Mapped By Duncan - 346bhp's
Carbon Front Splitter
Oil air separator thingy
Oil cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk