View Single Post
Old 27-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Platinum Member

Default The mini thingy...

Thought I'd put little thread up..

Bought this very recently after a long string of nothing but bad luck with motors , came from a friends parents so I knew it's history and was offered to me the day I sold the Vxr that I had planned to track.
I plan to build something that I can use on track from time to time , and not break the bank.
I know very little about them and what or doesn't work on them.
So the 1st thing is fully service the car.
De chrome the thing as full of stuck on plastic chrome..
Here is how I picked it up...

So I removed all the tat . Fitted a aero grill set from BMW.

The car needed a new cat back but this was a pain as most mini systems are to loud and dont meet track db . So with this as a huge thing that has to be right. I managed to find a system that has 3silencers that's very quiet and good freeflowing, jetex is the brand and very impressed with it. I had used a jetex full system on one of my wrx's with same results.

Fitted a GTT stealth airbox so looks oem but has a JR induction fitted inside and new direct feed to help and keep induction roar down. The air feed draws air from the scuttle panel area with is sealed away from the bay , it's basically a copy of what the gp cars used.

A set of 17in team dynamics came up so had them

but days later a set of silver 16x7 pro race popped up wrapped in 595 rsr and I couldn't not as knew it would be better on smaller wheels so these are on now.
So this is how it sits (high) now lol. Coilovers are on my list but trying to reasearch what works on these and what doesn't ..

This brings me to the todo list
Oil and filter
Sump plug
Gearbox oil
Plugs
Braided lines
Super blue ate
Grooved discs
Pads
Powerflex engine and box mounts ,
A crank seal
Rocker cover gasket and stupid expensive rocker cover bolts

I didn't want to out and go mad just yet as not had any real driving time to address areas that may need more attention so I've taken a refresh approach till I can get some track time in..

Future plans ..
coilovers so can loose this 4x4 look
Reduce the charger pulley For more boost
GRS or airtec cooler
Adjustable rear arms
I imagine some better calipers and pad combo
Seats too

So that's where I'm at now ...

Benj

Last edited by scooby doo; 27-05-2017 at 10:23 AM.