Old 16-05-2016, 08:52 AM
Formerly Taomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
Got to say that is one of the most in depth reviews ive seen
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
Great write up and glad to hear your comparisons, and honest opinions on what is good and bad with the new motor.

Im glad the fuel economy wasn't as bad as you thought, and im sure the gadgets and gizmo's will come into there own.

Having a bug, I often wonder what it must be like to have modern day comfort and technology alongside the power e.t.c. - perhaps one day I will find out.

Ryan
Yeah I always used to think the same with my WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Great review and may make some of the changes you have made when mine arrives. Are the halogens/LED changes you made just straight bulb changes?
So far just straight swaps, with the replacement full-beams being units with built-in fans for cooling. Not sure how I feel about these as they work really well and are a great improvement but wondered if I should have tried to get a set with passive cooling.

Here's my spreadsheet for reference: https://goo.gl/qXWECq I'll add a shot from the English manual once I pick it up later this week.

They were all sourced from eBay, the same seller I used for the replacements for my WRX apart from the interior bulbs (as I wanted 28mm festoons). If you're aware of any good suppliers this side of the atlantic I'd be interested to see if they do alternatives for the fogs/drls which will actually fit. The problem with the US is that their lights are not the same and vary more depending on on model and spec.