Thread: My new 2016 STI
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Formerly Taomyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Are there no canbus issues with the LEDs or have Subaru steared away from going down that route? I know the VAG stuff can get quite upset if you start messing about with the bulbs.
I have a feeling they have stayed away from it as I haven't seen anything in the manual regarding "bulb warnings". You do have to be very cautious with the interior bulbs and be sure not to short anything or you may damage part of the control system. I just made sure that the lights were off and got the correct 28mm bulbs to avoid having to force the connectors apart.

Quote:
I've got Hill Assist on my Passat and it does take a bit of getting used to, I'd rather it only worked going uphill rather than up and down. The biggest problem now is getting in a car without it and forgetting to put the Handbrake on. The technology advancements in cars in the last 10 years is frightening, not sure all of it is for the better.
Yes agreed, the hill assist still catches me out though not like it did the first week. I'm also slowly training myself to use the blind-spot radars and the reversing camera rather than simply ignoring them.

Quote:
Very good write up though, looking forward to seeing future updates.
Thanks