View Single Post
Old 19-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart_duck View Post
Touch wood I’ve had no issues and neither did the previous owner. I believe they still do the ESL boards, race dynamix being the go to people still. That’s a future prosyfor me but for now keeping her running is my aim.

I can’t thank you enough for getting back to me mate, I know it was a while ago since you made the chips and I’m glad you’ve kept your data. I’ll stick with my FMIC for now as finding a decent slanted sti top mount or even a wrx one is a rarity. I’ve got injectors and an rcm fuel pump to fit, I know the chip doesn’t allow for the injectors which are more of a future mod.

Again thanks for the reply. Really appreciate the info.

Last question from me lol, I’m terms of decat does it matter what size it is? As I’m running a 2.5in system. Would 3in see a gain or difference in performance?
ESL can rescale for the injectors i.e change to 440's.
I did have the data to do this in the chip, but never tried it. It would be difficult to get the fuelling as I would like it with this old technology, which is very much try try try again, rather then live feedback from the ESL or Apexi PFC.

w.r.t decat I think most are 3 inch that taper down to 2.5 inch where they meet the centre section. This is fine for the 2.0 unless pushing mega power.

The 2006+ 2.5l WRX/STi benefit more from a 2.75 inch system (or more)