View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Bronze Member

Default Newbie Fixing up a Scooby!!

Hiya, thought I'd re-write my project thread as it's really handy having it to look back through to remember what I want/have done!
(some parts are copied and pasted from scoobynet so if it reads funny thats why!)

Back in January I picked up what I thought was a UK300 Impreza looking a little bit sorry for itself:

Managed to get this far today after an exam this morning:

Fingers crossed the parts all arrive tomorrow so I can go about that first drive!

I apologise in advance for the fact I'll probably ask a few dumb questions along the way but I'm used to classic VW'.

Between work and exams have made a bit of progress, both wings are off, new battery's in, front tyre been changed, bent wishbones out, driveshafts out gearbox end...struggling with the bloody nut at the other end though!
Managed to give it a good clean too as it was full of rubbish, could've taken a shovel to the boot
old wishbone, tiny bit bent:

ps the cable ties on the headlights are temporary!! just holding them in while the wings are off

Also curious, am guessing this is part of the alarm system?

--EDIT this turned out to be part of a fire extinguishing system that is no longer hooked up!

Then I found out the car used to be Morettes show car hence the lights:

This also showed it as a WRX Impreza, but after a trip to JGM RR it turns out it has an STi engine and ECU in so someone along the line has upgraded it!

This was how I drove it for a while whilst I was waiting for Jago (paint guy in Chichester-highly recommend him!) to be free to do the paintwork: