View Single Post
Old 25-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Platinum Member

Default Underneath the arches

Thought id lower the scoob as it looked like it was on a car jack even when it wasn't.

Ordered up a set of tein-s tech springs to drop it 30mm but whilst the sus was off i thought it might be a good idea to give under the arch's a little seeing too and a freshen up.

Before:

The braided brake lines posed me a problem as it went through a small bracket on the shock strut and after all the brake issues and stress's I've recently had and the fact that there now working fine i did not want to disconnect anything at all !!!

After a lot of head banging and stressing at the fact i would have to take the brake lines apart for the 20th time a little phone call to Mr Crowman solved the problem and he gave me the idea of cutting a tiny little groove to ease the tabs apart and to release the brake lines!
Top man it worked a treat, once the clip is put back you'll never know it was there.

shock off and ready for a wire brushing

And an after pic. Silversurfers inspiration of the painted underside.

Ive really been up against it in this poxy weather so i have only done the drivers front and 90% of the passenger front.
Hopefully soon to be completed by next week then i need to find somewhere that can do a fast road set up?