View Single Post
Old 21-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Gold Member

Well it seems we may have finally sorted out the running issues I've had with the car lately, Simon (JGM) came round yesterday to switch the lambda sensor back on after i changed it

When we were driving he noticed that it was reading lean all the time (was reading rich last time) and he didn't want to leave it like that as the ECU would probably want to chuck in a load of fuel to compensate

After a bit of head scratching i suggested could the old CEL fix that was fitted by Xtreme Scoobies a few years back when i first had a decat be the problem as this was a resistor across 2 of the wires leading to the ECU

Simon removed the resistor and rejoined the wires and away we went again and now the lambda sensor was changing from rich to lean to rich etc as it should be

The car now drives a lot better and now does actually idle without any hunting so fingers crossed it's all sorted

I would like to say a big thank you to Simon for his patience in dealing with this issue and hopefully the next time i see you will be for a bit more power (meths)