Thread: JGM Project Car
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Rest in peace Simon.

So this weekend I traveled to Elvington airfield to compete as part of the subaru 22b team at ten of the best..

The intention was to use the Saturday test day to get used to the gearbox and give the car a shake down but not risk breaking it before the event on the Sunday..

weekend wasn't without drama's lol.

first run out and only one fuel pump was working, syvecs fuel pressure trip saving the engine from lunching itself as it drove normally until on boost.
Took a while to find the issue, spade connector pulled off the back of the fuse box for one of the pumps, was possibly the guy checking the car over to meet safety regs as he was insistent on checking the battery thats mounted right up behind the dash was secure.
Ran the whole day on the toyo r888's as was saving the drag tyres for the event on the sunday and just wanted to get used to the gearbox and shake the car down without risking breaking it.. low 10 second run I think by the end of the day which I was v pleased with.

Sunday morning and I filled the tank with race fuel for the first time and the drag tyres were fitted.. I had an educated guess at the racefuel map and then did a run and check datalogs and altered the map repeatedly for most of the day, slowly getting more used to the gearbox and quicker.. eventually managing a 9.82sec pass.

Massive thanks to everyone that helped out with pushing the car to the line, or swapping wheels, encouragement etc etc..

Now hooked big time and eager to run the car again and add more boost and nos

Simon

www.JollyGreenMonster.co.uk

Please follow of Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-...26125404073166