View Single Post
Old 19-03-2010, 11:45 AM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
And then getting back on topic

I have just driven the scooby for the first time in 2 weeks. Thats when you realise just how different they are.

The scooby feels so much more planted and so much quicker its untrue. Which goes back to my original comment in this thread.

If I had to get rid of either the M3 or the Scooby, there would be no contest. I would lose the beemer in the blink of an eye and be totally happy with the decision.

In comparison to the M3, they are cheap, ugly, thirsty, likely to blow up at any point, noisy and uncomfortable....... BUT......... I love them!
Not a fair comparison though really as its had loads of money plowed into it, and has a 2.5 torquey lump and goes like stink!. And you would have to keep the scoob to justify the money spent on it as you will never get back anything like what it owes you . But that said I suspect a hawkeye STI with nothing more than a remap would deliver a nice package, but not kneck breaking quick.

M3's are what they are and should be left alone IMO. A great all round package out of the box, modifiying should be left to JAP cars imho as thats what they are all about.