View Single Post
Old 29-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Gold Member

Default 6R4.net Track Day 2018 – Curborough

Got an invite to the annual 6R4.net track day again and, given that there were many Group B cars in attendance, I took a lot of pictures. Few of my faves…

This might be a familiar car to some of you: it was formerly owned by Colin McRae and is the 6R4 in the clips of Colin on Irish Tarmac. It is now owned by John Reaks who did a few laps during the course of the day.

This Group 4 Audi Quattro was another new addition to this year’s entry. It’s not a works Audi car, but a replica built using a load of genuine Audi Sport parts. It looked stunning…

…and the owner wasn’t afraid of driving it hard. In an effort to overcome the very noticeable understeer he was flicking the car into the tight corners: there was more than one excursion into the grass when he got it wrong!

My favourite car from last year’s track day/my favourite car ever was back again.

This very rare Astra 4S spent most of last year’s event in the paddock, but it made a few runs round the track this year.

Quattro cutting the grass again!

It’s not a particularly exciting track, but it’s a brilliant event and I consider myself rather lucky to keep get invited back!