View Single Post
Old 15-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Bronze Member

So I have a plan to make me more competitive.

Strip out all sound deadening and remove carpets
Fit lightweight battery
Remove OE fuel tank and replace with bespoke tank mounted in boot
Fully polybush the suspension

1st one is easiest to do on a budget, but time was tight since I still need the car for daily duties and everything had to be done over a weekend, so Friday night and out with the interior

there was a bit of surface rust but not too bad, Thanks to James for the advice I set to it with a blunt chisel and a hammer

This took most of Saturday, for Sunday I decided it needed some paint so out with the hammerite, time was an issue so I didn't bother taking off the glue residue since it was being covered anyway...

Had a little helper hoovering all the little bits out

Once painted I soon realised not taking up the glue was a mistake, it reacted with the white paint and showed through, oh well its never going to be concours anyway and actually isn't that bad, doesn't show up in the pics

Wiring tidied after taking this, the stereo and speakers now removed, kids not happy on the school run!

I have race seats but I fitted the OE ones back in, its just more easy getting in and out - I have bought another set of runners which I plan to modify so the race seats sit lower, then its a case of 4 bolts and swapping seats over before race day.

Since the white paint reacted I rushed out and bought some black paint for the boot

I have had a firewall and rear shelf made up in GRP from a member on 22B, that will be installed once the fuel tank goes in.

Now I am awaiting a huge delivery from Alyn at ASP, once here I can get on with the battery and polybushes.

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport

Last edited by Justin; 15-02-2011 at 01:35 PM.