View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Regular User

Completed my first trackday last Sunday at Snetterton, all I can say is HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

Friday I bled the brakes with 5.1 fluid, fitted the PF discs and pads and put the REO70's on. Had to bed the brakes in on my first outing on track as didn't have time before hand due to work but they came up pretty quick and the pedal felt nice and firm. Faffed around a bit before I got on track as all sorts of things were going through my head but I shouldn't have worried, the car was awesome!!

Wasn't in front of Budgie for long, his car goes so fast his hair has slipped off....

Since I've had the car, I've never used the DCCD properly and didn't really know what to expect, now I've flung it round a few corners at speed I'm totally amazed at what it does and how it makes the front end turn in so quickly and sharp, only left it in auto mode but it made a world of difference.

The car moves around much more than my Bugeye used to which put me off at first, got some understeer too and in the Bug I had to feather the throttle to keep on the limit of grip, I used constant throttle in the Bug so this thing is totally different as it needs you to use power in the corners to allow the diff to do it's thing. Once I started learning what it was doing all I had to do was aim where I wanted to go, the car moved around a bit, squatted down and shot towards the apex/clipping point every single time, amazing bit of kit and I'm really chuffed with it, just a totally different way of driving than I'm used to so took a while to get the hang of it and build up the courage to trust it.

I'll be booking another one soon, fancy Silverstone in something a bit faster than a 1.8 Focus

How much is an LM450?? lol