View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Thanks mate. I've always enjoyed that side of it and having had a load of black cars I guess it's just as well! They are a challenge as you generally can't just get away with a quick wash as you can with more forgiving colours but when black is clean it looks awesome. A few more layers of wax and it should start to get a nice deep shine..

I've also found over the years that using the right products helps massively. Blackfire for instance is pretty easy to get off once it's hazed and it doesn't go all powdery/chalky which again with a black car is a nuisance.
I think the traditional blue like mine isn't too bad to keep clean, black cars certainly require some thought and effort, having never owned a black car I can only imagine! I have had a couple of yellow cars, they always looked great from a distance but however much you tried up close they looked pretty pants, especially if they were not well maintained from new.

I certainly agree with the correct product ethos, I currently only use Auto Glym stuff and most of it I love and have got used too however the 'darker colour' polish I have tried of theirs recently is really hard work to get off once it has hazed, even after a clay, so wont be buying it again. I am all ears for polish and wax recommendations if you have some!