View Single Post
Old 20-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1982 View Post
I was consulting ECUtools this option and the specific compatibility or the AE800 ECU occasionally, they asked me for the processor model of this, and apparently the procedure is possible.

Now I was thinking, using this method you download the complete .BIN and then edit the tables in another program like Ecuflash or Romraider? In other words, is a definition ECU necessary in order to access the locations of each map that you want to alter?
once the modifications have been made, the .BIN is uploaded to the ecu by means of reflash and everything should be ok? Is that so?

I emailed them too and they asked the same question. I sent an image of my processor yesterday.

The key thing to take from your very short response from them is that they state "it should work" rather than it "will" work.

Their description of what their tools provide, which is quite detailed, does not align with the responses we have been given. I would of expected a more detailed response and confirmation of what access is available.

If the tools provide all the facilities as advertised I would of expected a more focussed response and knowledge of this ECU. Just because it supports the same processor does not mean the code base, comm port access peripherals and data storage is the same.

Sorry but I've been biten by this before buying EPROM programmers that were supposed to support the MBM27C1028 chip. Yes they support 1024 but not 1028.

Best thing would be to find if anyone else is using it.