View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 06:52 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1982 View Post
Any data you can give me about what you have anyway helps me, it is to compare fuel map, behavior of wastegate duty cycle or any information to compare and observe, since in the lambda there are many ecus I am currently looking and Comparing tables, out of curiosity and I think you can guide me at the time to be able to make a modification to my basemap when the time comes and I have the hardware in my hands.
With a TD04 turbo there isn't much more you can do over the Prodrive ECU. You could sneak the peak boost up a touch, maybe 0.1 bar, and then hold it a little higher at the top end, but probably only about 0.1-0.2 bar above where it is now.
This will need a corresponding adjustment of the boost solenoid. A rule of thumb is to adjust it the same % as the adjustment in target boost.

Fuelling on the Prodrive ECU will probably be fine but keep an eye on the ignition timing. I would start with pulling 1-2 degree's out around 4600 - 5400rpm at peak load, then just keep an eye on you IAM or if possible listen with DetCans.
Losts of 3rd gear 2,500rpm to 6,800rpm pulls should be done and if possible an un-natural 2,500rpm 5th gear pull for as long as you dare. This really checks overboost during spool and detonation well, but it's quite a tricky one to do. If you can't do 5th then 4th should suffice.

Keep an eye on what load is being produced and try and tune it so you have at least 1 column remaining. Ghosting/map overlay will help here if it works during live tune.

Does the ProjectLambda have the feature to flash the CEL upon detonation ? I've not seen it mentioned, but then it does have knock control so not such an important feature as it is on an Apexi-PFC