Thread: Been Logging
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
97% IDC at those rpm will mean you are hitting 100% + at higher rpm and in the higher gears.
I would advise you get an FPR, although would be interested to see what AFR you are running to be that high on the IDC. You have STi pinks and a PPP/WR1 running 1.3bar won't be hitting those IDC.

If you do fit an FPR you will need the map adjusted.

When you do an ECU reset the Ignition Advance Multiplier should reset. The default reset setting is 8 out of a total of 16 or 0.5 out of 1 depending on how your loggers representation is setup to view it (they either show a range of 0 - 16 or 0 - 1).

After a few spirited runs and a bit of midrange rpm cruise the Ignition Advance Multiplier (IAM) should creep up to 16 or 1 (depending on it's representation).
If it does then everything seem's pretty OK.
Keep an eye on the IAM to see if there is any movement over time.

You mapper may of changed this to be set at 16 after a reset. I would suggest you do another reset and check
I always map at 16 so that it runs max ignition while mapping, then set it to 10 on the final flash. Therefore, allowing the ECU to make it's own mind up whether it can run at 16.
Mapping with an IAM at less then 16 is dangerous as you are not getting the ECU full ignition advance. Post mapping the ECU could then end up putting timing back in and cause knocking/detonation.

The listening range for knock correction can also be adjusted in the map to get the ECU to listen and correct over a wider rpm range, therefore providing an additional safety margin.
Some of the standard ECU and IIRC the early 2008 hatch ECU have a very narrow listening band which isnt' great. For example detonation/knock above 5500rpm may be present but it is outside of the listening range so the ECU makes no correction and things can go pop.......

You have upto 300g/s in your MAF map, which is a coded limitation that is fixed at 300g/s regardless what you try to change it to.
However, more is possible from the Newage MAF but you need to half-scale a lot of other maps to get the ECU to trick the ECU to run with more then 300g/s.

You may be hitting 1.2 bar in the higher gears or your mapper set it up using a boost gauge rather then the ECU feedback in the logger. I do the same as it's easier to watch a mechanical gauge to detect any slow spool, dips or spikes and the boost gauges always over read slightly.

IN ENGLISH PLEASE AND NO TEXT TALK !!!